Thursday, August 27, 2009

Another Droolworthy ADA Aquascaping Gallery Video



Another amazing ADA gallery visit video has surfaced, and let me tell you, it's another 4 minutes of awesomeness. Like the last video, it's shots of all the aquariums set up in the ADA gallery in Niigata, Japan, but this one is a bit higher quality. You get to see plenty of aquascaped planted aquariums, a few glimpses of a salt water aquarium, and some really neat nano aquariums. I especially love the emergent ferns in the tank at 3:25 (not to mention the spotless sand foreground and gorgeous Roseline Sharks). All I can say is it must take a lot of work to keep each one of these aquariums that clean and immaculate! Be sure to check out the thread for some still photos of the visit as well.

5 comments:

  1. I stumbled onto your blog through a forum and have to say how much I'm enjoying posts.
    Haven't started a planted tank yet, but I'm working up the courage to do it :)
    Right now struggling to decide between DIY CO2 or full hitech...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks VickinPerth!

    As for the CO2, DIY is so much more of a hassle, I don't think I'll ever go back. Remixing it every 2 weeks, not being able to control the flow very well, and going through pounds and pounds of (expensive) sugar is just not worth it.

    I'd only do DIY CO2 if your aquarium doesn't really need CO2, but would benefit from a little boost. If you have bright lights that will just grow algae without a steady source of CO2, you'll just be pulling your hair out with DIY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, did this blog just die? I was really getting into it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, no sorry, just researching and preparing a big post on LED lighting in the planted aquarium. I'll try to get it up ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Just WOW.

    I am just sitting here in awe! I just love living art!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Sponsors

PetSmart

Planted Aquarium Books