Tuesday, June 23, 2009

DIY External CO2 Diffuser and Inline Heater


I love DIY projects. There's just something way more satisfying when you complete something yourself. I was pretty excited when I found these DIY project ideas on Instructables, an external CO2 diffuser and an inline heater using a water filter housing. The idea is simple and aside from having to purchase a heater with an external thermostat (so you don't have to open up the CO2 diffuser every time you want to adjust the heater temperature) looks to be pretty cheap and effective. I'm all for removing equipment from aquariums since no one likes have a nasty looking heater spoil their aquascape, and placing it inline after your filter can even make it more effective. Once I'm recovered from my big move, I might have to give this a try. Great job thewhite!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I will surely try this at home! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clean looking set-up. I'd like to see some more recent updates in this section. Keep up the good work. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Sponsors

PetSmart

Planted Aquarium Books