Saturday, October 07, 2006

Aquarium Update: H. Polysperma, Driftwood


I certainly am pleased with how the tank is looking, even with a bare side. I've never seen the H. polysperma look so nice and bushy! It makes quite a nice center-piece. Before, I was considering replacing it with the L. Aromatica once it got big enough, but now I'm not sure I want to.


I've also been considering adding some thin driftwood branches, if I can get my hands on them. Just a simple layout with the branches coming out from the center of the taller plants, maybe with some moss on them. The problem is getting just a few branches without order a whole bunch from manzanita.com!


In other tank news, the female ram that had the fry got sick and died yesterday. I tried to help her, she looked like she had dropsy (all puffed up and not eating) but even with medication she didn't make it. I've decided to give up on Blue Rams for now, the ones I can get easily are just far too fragile. I've never had any survive very long. I'll wait till I can have a dedicated tank set up for them and get strong healthy fish from a breeder. Such pretty fish though, it's so hard to say no to them.

1 comment:

  1. I do agree with you about rams, their are quite fragile, I keep many before, but all didnt last long.

    Always wanted to give them another try, when I saw them at the shops, but didnt want to dissapoint again. Maybe like you said, have to have a dedicated tank just for them.

    By the way, I think the tanks looks great already, maybe with bit triming on the side. Thats is just my two cents..

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Sponsors

PetSmart

Planted Aquarium Books